Monday, October 7, 2013

Beef Stroganoff

So, I made this on Saturday and it was all gone before I could take any pictures, but here is a picture courtesy of Bing Images:
Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/beef-stroganoff-recipe/index.html

When I was a kid, beef stroganoff was not my favorite thing, but maybe that's because we had it thanks to Hamburger Helper- not the best. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com (my go-to for new recipes, by the way- I like how I can read reviews for it) and after reading a few reviews made some changes and went for it. I like how it's made in the crock pot and it only takes 5-6 hours of cooking on low for it to be done so if I forget to start it until lunch it's no big deal. It came out SUPER TASTY with just the right amount of kick. My husband LOVED it! Here's the recipe without further ado:

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
Source: Allrecipes.com recipe

                       
1 pound cubed beef stew meat

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup                                                    

                
                
                
1/2 packet onion soup mix
Pepper to taste (I probably added about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
4 ounces sour cream
6-8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon butter
Egg noodles

In a slow cooker, combine the meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, water, bullion cube, soup mix, and pepper. Cook on Low setting for 5-6 hours.  About 15 minutes before mealtime, stir-fry mushrooms in butter until cooked. Stir sour cream in crock-pot sauce mixture, then cooked mushrooms. Serve over hot egg noodles.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment